Thursday 18 July 2013

Planning for a 40s-ish dress

So, I've been invited to a wedding a month from now. It will actually be the first wedding ever that I attend were the bride and groom are friends of mine rather than family or friends of my parents. It is all very exciting and what better to do than to make a dress for the occasion? I have long felt that a 40s dress is missing from my wardrobe and while reading a blog written by a Swedish photographer I found just the one.

For when I make mine I am going to change the collar though and I will probably make it out of green silk.


Basic sketch

This is what I am aiming for. Hopefully I will be able to whip up a pattern this week and start looking for the perfect fabric. Somewhere in between working full time, commuting and crocheting..

No comments:

Post a Comment